I’ve actually blogged more in the last 12 months than I thought I would. So rather than rant on about how crazy a year this has been for me, (working for the BBC, moving to London, leaving Belfast, travelling to Japan) – here are a few nostalgic links from 2006;
- The Move – the whole shift from Belfast to London was smoother than you’d think (except for some Fun with Banks)
- Shameless Bragging – Its only a little Taschen web book, but I was proud to see a little portfolio site I had built in it
- Prepping for a MacBook Pro – after years of using Windows I stepped into the world ’o Mac, and it has been nothing but plain sailing since (almost)
- I made an effort to attend @media 2006 and RailsConf Europe this year, both very enjoyable, upbeat and worthwhile events.
- All kinds of ‘newness’ when I got myself a new Debian VPS to play with, for Rails applications and other fun stuff.
- Finally, having not had a solid 2 weeks time-off in almost 4 years I decided to take a break and visit Japan & Hong Kong
Reflecting back, I am sure a lot more happened than this… Notable mention also goes to the closure of Raffles – which provided quality, affordable sandwiches to most of Belfast’s top web talent. And to Skribe a project which has struggled to get off the ground all year and now looks back on track for 2007.